- My Favorite Resources for Teachers and Students
- Create a Personal Learning Network
- Google for Education Resources
- Evernote for Education
- Android for Education
- Great Resources from Discovery Education
- Project Based Learning Resources
- STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math) Resources
- Speaking and Consulting Services
- Advertise on this site
- About the author and blog
Monday, December 19, 2011
Group of education, business and community leaders to make recommendations on readying K-12 students for career paths, higher education
A group of education, business and community leaders is working to make recommendations on readying K-12 students for career paths, higher education. The Integrating College and Career Readiness Task Force in Massachusetts will be working to develop recommendations to better integrate college and career readiness into K-12 education.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) President Dennis Berkey has been appointed to this task force. WPI is my alma mater (Mechanical Engineering Aerospace, 1992) and I've been a huge proponent of WPI's educational Plan as a great way to teach any subject, in any grade level.
The task force will be looking at ways to engage students, provide early access to career education and multiple pathways to success in their post secondary education.
What I like about this group is that it is combining educators, business persons, and community leaders to work together.
Read more here: http://www.wpi.edu/news/20112/dec11pres.html